Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Entry
All participants in the BCBA Bike for Brain Cancer Ride 2019 are required to read and sign the conditions of entry below, agreeing to your understanding of the ride conditions and individual responsibilities.
- (a) I, the undersigned, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the ride for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive and release BCBA, BCC and all parties and persons in any capacity associated directly or indirectly with the organising or conduct of the Ride from all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or they might otherwise have for or arising out of my loss of life, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry or participation in the said event AND I agree that I participate in the said event solely at my own risk.
(b) I acknowledge that the ride will be held on public roads which are in use by the general public during the ride and I agree to abide by any law relating to the use of public roads. I acknowledge that riding on a public road is inherently dangerous and I am aware of the risks of collision with motor vehicles, bicycles or pedestrians and agree to exercise proper care and skill to avoid any collision. I am also aware of the risks of crashing due to uneven surfaces, potholes or gravel.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of them, any host, medical and paramedical personnel, police officers and shall operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributable to the act or neglect of any one or more of them.
- I agree to pay the registration fee of $585 and make a commitment to meet the minimum fundraising target of $2,500. I understand that an online fundraising page will be created on my behalf and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
- I understand this ride has been sanctioned by Cycling Australia and it’s mandatory that I am a member of Cycling Australia to be entitled to participate in this Ride and be covered by the insurance policy arranged by Cycling Australia.
- I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during the ride.
- I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this ride. If requested, I agree to provide a signed doctor’s certificate attesting to my physical fitness to participate in the said ride. I acknowledge that Entoure and BCBA maintain an absolute discretion to exclude any riders that Entoure or BCBA considers are not fit or otherwise suitable to participate in the Ride.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment or first aid including ambulance transportation deemed reasonably necessary by an appropriate health practitioner or the event organisers in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during or after the Ride.
- I acknowledge that I at all times remain responsible for ensuring that my bike is ride-worthy, has been properly maintained and serviced and is in a suitable condition to be able to undertake the ride safely in a peloton at the agreed speeds. No Tri Bars, Hybrids, Tandems, Mountains Bikes will be allowed in this ride. I agree to abide by the decision of the organisers as to the ride-worthiness or suitability of my bike for the event.
- I consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that they may be used for promotional use. These images may be used for reporting purposes or other purposes at any time without my further consent being necessary.
- “Ride” means BCBA Bike for Brain Cancer Ride 2019.
This is a fully supported ride and participants will receive assistance throughout the ride. Assistance will be provided free of charge but products will be supplied on a “user pay” basis and I fully understand and accept this.
By proceeding with your registration, you agree to the participation conditions listed above and confirm your acceptance of them.