Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Participation
Each participant (and if the participant is below 18, a parent/natural guardian/legal guardian of the participant) of the Brain Cancer Collective (BCC) 2024 Bike Ride for Brain Cancer (the Ride) is required to read and agree to the Terms & Conditions of Participation as set out below. Please read the Terms & Conditions of Participation carefully and in their entirety before signing (or in the case of online acceptance, by electronically checking the 'agree' box below).
- (a) I, the Participant (and if I am a minor Participant, a parent/guardian of a minor Participant), acknowledge that riding a bike on public roads and as part of the Ride is a dangerous recreational activity for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Ride for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, release, indemnify and hold harmless BCC, Brain Cancer Biobanking Australia (BCBA), Brain Cancer Australia (BCA) and all parties and persons in any capacity associated directly or indirectly with the organising or conduct of the Ride from all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or they might otherwise have for or arising out of my loss of life, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry or participation in the Ride AND I agree that I participate in the Ride solely at my own risk.
(b) I acknowledge that the Ride will be held on public roads which are in use by the general public during the Ride and I agree to abide by any law relating to the use of public roads. I acknowledge that riding on a public road is inherently dangerous and involves a significant risk of physical harm. I am aware of the risks of collision with motor vehicles, bicycles or pedestrians or other objects or persons, and agree to exercise proper care and skill to avoid any collision. I am also aware of the risks of crashing due to uneven surfaces, potholes or gravel, or falling for any other reason.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of them, any host, medical and paramedical personnel, police officers and shall operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributable to the act or neglect of any one or more of them.
- I agree to pay the early bird registration fee of $595 and make a commitment to meet the minimum fundraising target of $2,500. I understand that an online fundraising page will be created on my behalf and agree to abide by the Fundraising Terms & Conditions.
- I understand that it is mandatory that I am a member of Aus Cycling to be entitled to participate in this Ride and be covered by the insurance policy arranged by Aus Cycling. Details for obtaining Aus Cycling membership are provided below. We recommend ‘Lifestyle Membership’ – please note there are 2 levels of Lifestyle membership – we do not recommend ‘Lifestyle Basic’ as that does not include personal accident cover and you MUST have personal accident cover for this ride. The Lifestyle Membership can be bought monthly. For more information please go to https://auscycling.org.au/membership.
- I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during the Ride.
- I hereby attest and verify I do not have any medical conditions that would preclude me from taking part in the Ride, that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the Ride. If requested, I agree to provide a signed doctor’s certificate attesting to my physical fitness to participate in the said ride. I acknowledge that Entoure and BCC maintain an absolute discretion to exclude any riders that Entoure or BCC considers are not fit or otherwise suitable to participate in the Ride.
- Under no circumstances during the Ride will I listen to MP3 Players / music and or have earbuds of any kind reducing my ability to hear ride captains, other riders and or traffic around me and others.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment or first aid including ambulance transportation deemed reasonably necessary by an appropriate health practitioner or the event organisers in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during or after the Ride.
- I acknowledge that I at all times remain responsible for ensuring that my bike is roadworthy, has been properly maintained and serviced and is in a suitable condition to be able to undertake the Ride safely in a peloton at the agreed speeds. No Tri Bars, Hybrids, Tandems or Mountain Bikes will be allowed in the Ride. I agree to abide by the decision of the organisers as to the roadworthiness or suitability of my bike for the event.
- I consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the Ride by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that they may be used for promotional use. These images may be used for reporting purposes or other purposes at any time without my further consent being necessary.
The Ride is fully supported and participants will receive assistance throughout the Ride. Assistance will be provided free of charge, but products will be supplied on a “user pay” basis and I fully understand and accept this.
The Terms & Conditions of Participation set out above constitute a 'risk warning' for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
I, Participant (and parent/guardian of a minor Participant), have carefully read, understand, and voluntarily agree to the Terms & Conditions of Participation above and acknowledge that it shall be effective and legally binding upon me, my heirs, executors and administrators.