Hi! I need your support
As many of you know I found out last December I had a brain tumour. I had surgery in January and the biopsy showed a grade 3 oligodendroglioma. Fortunately, this is a slow growing sub type of glioma cancer. I'm taking part in The Bike Ride for Brain Cancer (a 2 day, 240km ride) raising funds for research to find new treatments and better outcomes for children and adults suffering from this devastating disease. My biopsy along with the work done by the BCBA has mapped out what will be a successful treatment plan that will hopefully give me time for the BCBA to find a cure.
I know many of you have already generously donated money, time, accommodation and support to both Donica and myself in this tough part of our journey, however I would be so grateful if you could please help me make a difference and donate to my fundraising page.
The following stats are from the UK, but show how severe brain cancers are and how much more we need to support research;
- Brain tumours are the biggest cancer killer of children and adults under 40
- Almost 11,700 people are diagnosed each year with a primary brain tumour, including 500 children and young people – that's 32 people every day
- Over 5,000 people lose their lives to a brain tumour each year
- At least 102,000 children and adults are estimated to be living with a brain tumour in the UK currently
- Brain tumours reduce life expectancy by on average 20 years – the highest of any cancer
- Just 11% of adults survive for five years after diagnosis
- Brain tumours are the largest cause of preventable or treatable blindness in children
- Research offers the only real hope of dramatic improvements in the management and treatment of brain tumours. Over £500m is spent on cancer research in the UK every year, yet less than 3% is spent on brain tumours
All donations over $2 will receive a receipt via email. Thank you in advance for your support.
Thank you to my Sponsors
Jolayne & Marc Leger
Jay & Jena L
Kelly And Tim Hunt
Chris And Ilana Lake
Brendon & Louise Siwicki
Kris And Bryan Ferguson